Congratulations! You are on your way to making a major improvement in your personal life and/or family life. Recognizing the need to make changes is the first step to success. Let me explain some of the benefits of family therapy.
- Therapy allows us to learn new techniques whether they be communication, listening, or coping skills to improve our daily lives.
- The changes we make within ourselves will have a positive effect on our relationships with our family and friends.
- Recognizing that no problems are exclusive to the person. Yes, your child may suffer from depression, ADHD, etc., but there are numerous tools that you as a parent can utilize to best support your child regardless of any obstacles they may be faced with.
- You as a parent will learn tools and skills that will help you support your child when he/she is faced with one of the many challenges of day-to-day life.
- Communication is a two-way street. Learning effective communication skills between a parent and child, or a husband and wife, will drastically improve the overall relationship and be empowering for both you as a parent, as a couple, and for your child as well.
- Many times other family members may contribute both positively and negatively to the identified issue. Addressing these issues with each family member will help change the "culture" of the family thereby bringing on lasting change within the family unit.
- Couples also benefit from family therapy. Couples learn effective communication and listening tools to understand their partner and better support each other within the different roles they have. A couple that can communicate their needs and expectations to each other will create a well balanced relationship.
These are just some of the positive changes that Family Therapy can bring about. It is an exciting journey and I look forward to helping you on your way.